Sunday 31 August 2014

FIRST HOLY COMMUNION

When I came to Oadby six years ago in September 2008 the first thing I did before I had unpacked anything more than an alb to celebrate Mass, I conducted my first Funeral in the parish. Now as I prepare to pack my final few belongings and leave for Nottingham, I had the joy of my last Sunday Mass to include the celebration of a First Holy Communion; Archie will be eight years old in a few weeks and desperately wanted to receive Holy Communion from me as his parish priest. It took some hard work on his part and help from our team of catechists, but all came together today for a very special occasion. With family, friends and the congregation at the 10 am Mass watching Archie made received Our Lord in Holy Communion for the first time.
 

Archie receives the Body of Christ in Holy Communion

 
proud parents Michelle and Anthony watch as Archie receives the Blood  of Christ
 
Archie took a full part in the Liturgy today as he proclaimed the Second Reading and helped to bring up the Gifts for the celebration of Mass. Afterwards there were refreshments in the parish room and most of the congregation numbering almost one hundred stayed on to continue celebrating Archie's special day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment