Saturday 5 July 2014

NEW APPOINTMENTS

Monsignor Thomas McGovern, the Diocesan Administrator, has appointed me to be parochial administrator of the parishes of Corpus Christi, Clifton and Our Lady and Saint Patrick's in the Meadows Nottingham. The appointment is effective from 1st September 2014. This is my last two months as parish priest of Immaculate Conception, Oadby. Naturally I am sad to be leaving Oadby even if after almost six years, since September 2008. I am grateful for all the support from parishioners and friends over this time, and I hope I leave you in good heart, pastorally, spiritually and in good shape, but with a few goals to achieve with your new pastors.

The new parochial administrator of Oadby is Fr Michael Moore, assisted by Fr Simon Gillespie. This is in addition to pastoral care of St Thomas More, Knighton. This move is in line with the consultation 'You are Living Stones' begun by Bishop Malcolm McMahon OP. The title 'parochial administrator' is a direct result of the Diocese of Nottingham being Sede Vacante, and the Diocesan Administrator is not able to appoint priests as parish priest.

No comments:

Post a Comment